Welcome to our latest blog post where we are going to explore a topic that we are often asked to assist with in our workshop, engagement ring spinning.
Engagement ring spinning is when your engagement ring slips or spins and doesn't sit straight due to the weight of the stone. Your ring may end up wonky, to the side or to the back of your finger.
You may have noticed in photos of celebrities who have very large diamond rings (such as cushion cuts) that never sit straight in photos.
Engagement ring spinning can be annoying and uncomfortable. If you have a spinning engagement ring you may find yourself constantly turning your engagement ring around, so it sits in the correct position.
There are several reasons why your engagement ring may spin, here are some of them:
- The stone/s are heavier than the band
- Your engagement ring is top heavy
- Your engagement ring is not the right size
- You have lost weight and your engagement ring is too big
- You experience swollen fingers that contract and your engagement ring may become loose
- You have thin fingers and large knuckles
There are several things we can do to remedy spinning engagement rings that include:
- Resizing your engagement ring if it’s too big
- Adding some resizing beads along the inside of your band (rounded or flat)
- Reshaping your engagement ring so it sits flush against your finger
Fingers are not round and as every finger is different, we always suggest visiting us with your ring to find the best possible solution for you.
As our workshop is on-site, we can provide a solution, a quote and schedule your modification into our workshop as soon as possible so you are not without your precious engagement ring for long.
If you are worried about ring spinning, let us create an engagement ring from scratch just for you through our custom made service.