Doris's Tips on Selecting the Perfect Engagement Ring
Choosing an engagement ring for your partner is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make.
There are many things to consider when selecting an engagement ring, including design, metal and stone/s.
Doris Brinkhaus shares with us her top suggestions on how to select the perfect engagement ring:
- Choose your jeweller wisely. Select a jeweller that is knowledgeable, has a good reputation and provides exceptional service during and after the sales process.
- Be open about your budget from the outset. This will enable the jeweller to provide you with the best ring to meet your budget and you will not be disappointed by falling in love with a ring that you cannot afford.
- Buy something you can afford now and that you like in the present moment.
- Select a diamond that speaks to you. There is always one that really stands out.
- With Perth’s blue skies and clear days, it is important to select a diamond that has the best colour. Choose a cut, then colour (over clarity).
- Seeing diamonds in person and selecting from a line up is always the best way to select the perfect diamond.
- If you are considering selecting a coloured stone engagement ring for your partner, think about what colour/s they wear, what colour/s you like to see them in and whether they like to stray from convention.
- Choose a jeweller that allows returns, in case your ‘surprise’ ring purchase is not received as well as hoped.
To help you navigate your way to the perfect engagement ring, Doris says ‘I would love to sit down with you and walk you through the process.
“We can show you different ring styles and pinpoint the style you have in mind based on your ring budget, then look at different types of metal and stones. You will finish your consultation with an understanding of what type of engagement ring you are seeking.
“It could be one of the many handcrafted rings we have in-store or it could be the start of designing and creating a bespoke piece just for you.”
At Brinkhaus Jewellers, we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service. Visit us and we can help you bring your vision to life. We can show you examples of pieces in-store or sketch out ideas to begin a custom made ring journey.
Engagement rings are the one piece of jewellery that are worn forever so let us help you select the most perfect piece that will be treasured for generations to come.
Visit us at 24 St Quentin Avenue, Claremont to sit down with Doris to discuss your engagement ring requirements.
Also in Brinkhaus Blog
Happy birthday month to our February clients! Your birthday stone is the beautiful Amethyst which is one of the many varieties of quartz that occurs in shades of lavender through to violet.
At Brinkhaus Jewellers Claremont, we don't just sell fine jewellery.
We offer custom made jewellery, jewellery remodelling, jewellery restoration, jewellery repairs, jewellery cleaning and maintenance and rhodium plating.
Our jewellery sale continues until Christmas Eve. Find the perfect Christmas gift with us from hoop earrings, studs and bracelets through to necklaces, rings and men's jewellery..