The glistening exteriors of pearls can last for generations if cared for correctly.
Below are some guidelines on how to care for your precious pearl jewellery:
- Remove your pearl jewellery before you apply beauty products such as cosmetics, hair styling products and perfume
- Keep your pearls away from acids and chemicals such as lemon and cleaning products
- Pearl jewellery should be stored in its original packaging to prevent rubbing or banging against other jewellery. Pearls should not be stored in airtight packaging as they require moisture
- Wipe your pearls with a soft cloth before returning them to their original packaging
- Keep your pearl jewellery away from water. Remove before swimming, exercising, showering and doing the dishes
- Restring pearls every 2-3 years (for minimal wear) or once a year for weekly wear
- Put pearl jewellery on as a final touch to complete your look
And finally, the best thing you can do is to wear your pearl jewellery. Wearing pearls helps them as they absorb the oils your skin naturally produces.
Contact us if you have any questions on how to care for your pearl jewellery or any other jewellery piece.
We offer complimentary jewellery cleaning in-store at 24 St Quentin Avenue Claremont. Contact us to find out more.